“Cash Converters” means Cash Converters International Limited (ASX:CCV) and all its subsidiaries and controlled entities and any entity trading under the Cash Converters brand in Australia, or any one of these depending on the context. Any reference to “us” or “we” is a reference to Cash Converters.
Cash Converters collects personal information to provide you with the information and services you request (unless you have opted out).
Cash Converters will act to protect your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) under the Privacy Act (which can be found at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/) and any applicable industry privacy code.
Why we collect information
Any information you provide Cash Converters, either using the internet or by any other means, is only collected for purposes which are reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of Cash Converters investor relations purposes. These purposes include:
- to assist shareholders or interested parties with queries, resolve complaints, or requests for access to information, or to manage any legal action involving Cash Converters;
- to manage shareholder or interested party relationships and perform other administrative tasks (including market or shareholder research);
- to gather and aggregate information for statistical and research purposes; and
- to assist us with marketing and promotional purposes including the disclosure of personal
information to third-parties, contractors or organisations who assist us in marketing and promotion of our investor relations activities.
In addition, as required by Part IIIA of the Privacy Act, we may obtain your consent to collect, use and disclose information about you.
If you choose not to provide information which we require for the above purposes, we may be unable to provide you with the services you request or expect from us.
What we collect
Personal information collected by Cash Converters (or on our behalf) generally comprises first and last name, e-mail address and financial information relating to your Cash Converters shareholding.
Cash Converters will not give your information to Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies;
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law;
- by your actions we consider you to have released us from our duty of confidentiality or to have consented to the disclosure of information about you without actually saying so (for example, if you discuss your financial position publicly with the media);
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health; or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
If you visit the Cash Converters Investor website (https://www.cashconverters.com/) to read, browse or download information, our system may record the following information which is provided by your browser:
- the date and time of your visit;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name (for example – .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the address of any referring web site (for example – the previous web site you visited); and
- your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
Website data is kept strictly confidential. It is used for internal research purposes only. It helps us monitor which sections of the site are most popular to give us a clear idea of what type of information and services to include on our site. It also informs us which members and subscribers are using the site so that we can customise the website information and presentation.
When you use one of our web sites, we may send you a “cookie” that gives you a unique identification number. A “cookie” is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses the website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. A different identification number is sent each time you use one of our websites. These cookies may be Session cookies which only last until you close your browser, or they may be Persistent cookies which are stored longer term on your computer. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they may identify a user’s browser type and your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our websites or certain website functions may not work properly or at all.
If you decide to complete an online application form, we will collect the information that you enter into the online form and the IP address of your computer.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to non-Cash Converters websites. While such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites might not be the same as ours and we encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on these websites prior to providing any information to them.
Overseas storage and delivery of information
Cash Converters may store information collected from you at secure third-party internet based hosting locations in The United States of America. These third-party providers store the data securely using systems and processes which are equivalent to those required under the Australian Privacy Principles, so that Cash Converters can update, use or disclose the collected information remotely.
We may monitor and record telephone calls for training and security purposes.
We will preserve the content of any email that you send us if we are legally required to do so. Where appropriate, we may record your email address against the relevant company name on our confidential database.
Cash Converters will not send you unsolicited email information relating to marketing and promotional purposes where you have opted out of receiving such communication. Cash Converters will not sell, rent or lend our contact lists to third parties.
All emails that you have requested will have an option to unsubscribe.
Security of Information
Cash Converters regularly reviews developments in security and encryption technologies. As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure, Cash Converters cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or which is generated from our online products or services and you engage with us at your own risk.
Upon receiving your transmission, we ensure that reasonable steps are taken to preserve the security of the information in our database.
If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy practices and policies, or a hard copy of this policy, or you wish to exercise your right to make a correction, complaint or request access to any information which we have collected about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Privacy Officer
Level 11, 141 St Georges Terrace Perth WA 6000
Phone: 08 9221 9111
Our Privacy Officer will attend to your matter within a reasonable period after your communication is received and if access to information has been requested, will give access to the information in the manner requested by you, for a reasonable fee where it is reasonable and practical to do so.