The audit committee was established in 1995 and in 2017 was expanded to become the Audit and Risk Committee. It comprises Independent Non-executive Director Robert Hines (Committee Chair), Independent Non-executive Director Julie Elliott, and Independent Non-executive Director Kevin Dundo, with regular attendance by the CEO at the request of the committee.
Meetings of the committee are held in February, June, August, September and November each year, with audit planning meetings in June and December. Meetings will occur at any other times as requested by a member of the committee or external auditors.
The Committee assists the Board to fulfill its oversight responsibilities relating to:
- The preparation and integrity of corporate and financial reporting;
- The adequacy of the control environment and the processes for identifying and managing risk;
- The internal and external audit functions;
- Treasury and taxation practices;
- Compliance with all regulations including the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and Corporate Governance Principles; and
- Any other matters referred to it by the Board.